Monday, September 10, 2007

here's the pitch

well the pitch that im purposing is about two brothers Tony and Andrew. Tony younger of the two and up an coming surfer has already competed on the professional level in the longboard devision serveral times in the past couple of years, and his brother Andrew a few years older is also a talented surfe but has been fighting the crippling effects of lymes deseise. I want the documentary to be appealing to the wilmington surf culture, but also attractive to people who have no interest in surfing or the culture. I want the documentary to have a very personal feel and just tell the story of two brothers/friends. I want of lot of really interesting shots i plann on mixing up film stocks and styles shooting mostly digital, and some really interesting ambiance super 8, as well as 16mm which i plan on shooting the interviews with but 16mm takes money so we'll see. As for techinal challenges go really what to get some water shots but that takes a speacial water houseing but i think i can probably find a housing for a reasonable price.
why should I be shooting this film..........i guess just for the simple fact that i have so must interest and drive behind trying to get this film made. I've known Tony and Andrew for years and i know what kind of people they are and im convinced that they can tell a good story and perhapes with my direction a great story...haha i would like to see this film get exsposure all over the U.S. at independent film festivials, with a wide range of audience members, but thalian hall is a start. As for this film standing out and being unique, the content within documentary itself is very oringinal i honestly couldn't think of a more appealing storying if I tried. This film has the ability potentially relate to anybody who has ever had any kind of serious struggle. I dont know perhapes im looking to deep into this project, but though my expectations are high im confident in the topic of this documentary.

-matt

6 comments:

Kaitlyn Brasiskis said...

Matt I really like this idea and think it will make a great doc. Its got great appeal and I think it would explode in the wilmington area for sure.

Kristen said...

Your topic sounds really interesting and I think that you can make an awesome documentary with it. I liked your idea about getting shots underwater, but if that's not possible maybe you could just work with some different camera angles while you get footage of them surfing.

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luke Bruehlman said...

I'm giving you the same advice I gave Kaitlyn with her idea. You've got so much built-in drama, any push towards sentimentality you could lose the audience. Play it straight and you're golden. Good luck, man!

Anonymous said...

I really hope this one wins. I love this idea. I like titles alot and if I was at a film festival and read the title I would definitly check it out. I think inspirational stories like this are great. Good luck.

Matt Ev said...

thanks for all the input peeps

-Matt Evans